Deciding to come to counselling is definitely the first step. It can be a tough decision though! Finding the right therapist for you can feel like a huge challenge. I work from a log cabin in my garden and also offer walking therapy.
Coping with the pressures of life can feel overwhelming and leave you there’s no time or space left for you. It can get harder to function on a day to day basis and you may feel a loss of control. This could be caused by:
- Work stress, redundancy, retirement
- Relationship issues including separation and divorce
- Loss or bereavement
- Anxiety, generalised anxiety disorder, and panic attacks
- Depression, lack of motivation
- Family issues
- Past issues that repeatedly return and affect how you feel
You may feel sad, burdened, lacking in energy and out of your depth. This is the time to act and get some support for yourself. Counselling will help you to figure out what needs to change. It can enable you to make informed choices and regain the balance.