Training, Qualifications and Experience
I have a BTEC Professional Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling gained in 2007 and a BA (Honours) degree in Sociology and Psychology.
In 2018 I completed a Certificate in Environmentally Based Therapy which involved 15 days training in therapeutic work outdoors plus 100 hours study time.
I have additional training in other models including Transactional Analysis and CBT.
I have worked independently as a counsellor since 2010.
I have twelve years of qualified experience in a variety of settings. These include:
- An NHS Service offering brief therapy for depression, anxiety and other issues
- for Employee Assistance Providers (EAPs) focusing on work-related issues
- education – working with children and families in schools
- bereavement services
- sexual abuse / violence services
- women’s centre
- GP practice – primary care mental health service
- University student / staff counselling service
- independent service for military families
I previously worked in mental health services for ten years, including working with young people on the rehabilitation ward in a private psychiatric hospital, in residential community support for people with severe and enduring mental health problems and as a mental health advocate for Craven advocacy.
I offer confidential counselling and work to the guidelines of the Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy. I access counselling supervision in line with BACP guidelines via an external supervisor; your identity will be kept in confidence.